A Day In The Life of Advertising on Pinterest and Twitter
And it is clear that we love advertising and all of the cool stuff people are passionate about. From the mundane to the flat-out amazing, we dig seeing what advertising folk snap and share.
So we decided to create a little something around it:
A Day In The Life Of Advertising.
Here’s how it works:
- We’ve earmarked each Friday as the “official day” for A Day In The Life Of Advertising.
- Take pics (Instagram or other apps) and include the #ditlad hashy.
- Each Monday, we’ll pick some photos you shared on Twitter to go up on our dedicated Pinterest board. We’ll let people know if their photo is up via Twitter.
- Then, we’ll keep track of likes, repins and comments.
- There will be a point system for this: 1 point for a “like,” 2 points for a repin and 3 points for a comment.
- At the end of each month, whoever has the highest number of points wins a delegate badge + VIP passes to Advertising Week IX events.
Why Fridays? Well, you’re probably on the downslope of the week and could use a little creative oxygen. Also, it’s kind of fun to see how people unwind after a week in the trenches at work and in school.
What are we looking for? It’s up to you. Creativity is strongly encouraged, though. Fun is a must. Maybe it’s some Friday Happy Hour cheer. Perhaps some cool art at your agency. Lunch is always good. Coffee? Winner.
But please note, we do not wish to see the following (consider this your disclaimer):
- Anything that would put you or your agency/company/school in a bad light.
- Anything that could be considered proprietary or fall under trade secrets. Please, please, PLEASE do not put anything out there like that.
- Anything untoward or illegal.
A few more nuts and bolts:
- We will just be looking at posts that go up on Fridays. If it goes up any other day, it will not qualify.
- Students, agencies, brands, media — anyone involved with advertising in some way, shape or form — is eligible to participate.
- By posting, you give us permission to use your photo both in the contest and for Advertising Week Social Club stuff (i.e. features on website, marketing, etc.)
- You can only win a delegate badge once. We want to give other people a chance to get in on the action.
Any questions, hit Zanger up. He’ll help you out.
- by AWSC
- posted at 11:38 am
- February 10, 2012