This Week’s Theme: Vacation = Productive
It all started with this post from Joe Robinson.
The more we thought about it, the more we realized we should probably talk about vacations/breaks and how they can really fuel productivity.
Here in the United States, we don’t really have a deep work vacation/break culture. We tend to salivate when we hear of our global colleagues taking a month (or longer) to recharge the batteries. The truth is, breaks do inform much more productivity. It’s been proven.
And we’re curious to see and learn how you look at your vacations and breaks.
Some aspects of the topic we’d like to explore this week include:
- When do you plan your vacations?
- Where do you go for your vacations and breaks?
- What makes a meaningful vacation?
- How do you feel after some time away?
- Do you honestly shut ‘er down when you’re on a break? Or do you sneak work peeks?
- What can employers do to help promote productivity through more vacations/breaks?
- Is our industry good at taking vacation? Or is there an opportunity to do more?
- Do you feel pressure to not take vacations/breaks?
- Do you feel guilty when you take some time away?
- Do you fear for your job when you take a well-deserved break?
Our #awscchat on Tuesday will be all about vacations and productivity — as will our weekly Wisdom + Whimsy Wednesday (#awscw3).
If you have something to say about this topic, please let us know. And, as always, if you’d like to get in deeper with us as a contributor, please take a peek at this page, then take a moment to fill out this short form and we’ll be in touch with you as soon as we can.
And if you’re on vacation, just go ahead and ignore this. We don’t want to bug you while you’re getting some well-deserved rest.
- by AWSC
- posted at 11:13 am
- July 30, 2012